Friday, September 21, 2007

Taking my chances with the third eye

Still sick. And getting worse. Do you know what I love? That little disclaimer on all of the medication websites about how this medicine is considered "safe" for breastfeeding/pregnant women but that you should weigh the risks first. What the hell? Who writes this crap? Men. Men who have thought of the perfect way to get back at all those girls who burned them in high School.

With guilt. I mean, I know that if a woman is reading this little "disclaimer" in the middle of the night chances are she can't breath and has been hacking for days and days and days... So how about a zinger? Let's make her question just how much she really loves her child. I mean, is a little comfort worth the third eye? I don't know. Only you can answer that question mamma.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BENEDRYL. That's what I take. I don't know if it helps the symptoms, but it knocks me unconscious so I don't notice them as much. No extra eyes...yet.

Jess said...

Good to know, thanks. Just reread my post. My oh my do I get testy when I'm sick.

Marie Green said...

This post was funny!
I've had my share of run-ins with people who say that I can't take something b/c I'm breastfeeding, or that I'll have to abstain from bf for "only 3 days". Of coarse, this is all part of my Medical Saga after Marin was born, so none it is probably making any sense. Someday I'll have to post about it.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.